Ok, so today I have updated windows 10 so that I can use Ubuntu bash on it.
The installation and the update is simple no need for me to tell you have you should do, but this is what I found and its annoyed me to hell ..
- I’ll have to install all the apps I want to use on UBUNTU if I want to use it, cause it will not read the one I have on windows which is something I can understand based on the different arch between windows and linux.
- Many internet/network issues and its look like am lucky to face the one which they didnt solve (btw I dont use any antivirus only what MS install).
- I cant run ifconfig at all ( and its look like this is an old issue and this ) .
So basically I will get back to Mac or use Docker on windows, cause without nginx my work is useless on windows, and since the network is not working am done here for now, I’ll have to wait for the update (sh) .
UPDATE : I found that ICMP is not supported yet based on this comment and that’s why Ping is not working.
My main question may not be clear, but now a days many companies started to create a live streaming functionality, we have periscope ( from twitter ), Facebook Live, and as I remember youtube has added the ability to live streaming from your mobile.
My concerns not about the service or the company which provide such service, even though its something we should always consider, but the impact which such services on our life, for example this is what I have noticed about periscope and how people use it.
- While they are driving the cars, I mean you are already putting your life in risk, why you need to put other people life in risks too ?? like for example a Famous Turkish actor badly wounded in car crash broadcast live on Periscope , yes he was not the one who recording the session, but he is not focusing on the road ??
- While you are in duty in your Military base ? I mean really ? you are in a military base and you are streaming ? am not sure if you ever read the manual about the military service and which acts are NOT allowed ? like taking pictures or streaming ??!!
- While you are in your work at the police station, at the office .. etc.
- While you are in the GYM, I mean really ??!! who care unless you are a trainer who has a life training session.
- While you are in the bed still a sleep ??!!
- While you are heading out of home, I mean really you are telling everyone and describe the structure of your home to everyone online ?? have you ever though that this might be a case where your home got robbery ?
And the list goes on and one, and am not going to list the usage where some under age teens using such service.
so do we really need such invasion to our privacy more than we already have ?
In the past few weeks, in the Eid break, I went to Miniaturk where they have a Miniatures for every important place in Turkey which a tourist should visit.
But while I was there I found a miniature for Al Hejaz Railway station in Damascus, and any one who visited damascus, knows this especially if he/she like old trains, cause its still working and you will book your train ticket from there (this is old info as I have left Syria in 2012 ).
Now I got a small pictures and tried to be creative, not sure if you guys going to like it or not, but what this prove to me is that I do need a DSLR camera 😉
( unless someone has a plan to give it to me as gift ;D ) ..
To know more about Al Hejaz Railway Station in Damascus you can read this article from wikipedia