I was thinking about this post for the past few days, and I found that the shorter I made it, the best it become.
There are many ways to support Open Source Projects, most of the people who works on open source project spends too many hours just to get the project out to you and me to use it, so here is a list of what you can do:
- If you know programming, try to help them, find a bug and try to send a pull request to the solution.
- If you work with open source project, but you are not a programmer, check if they have a way for you to donate some money.
- If they dont have a donation system, but they have some commercial service/product, try to purchase one from them.
Not every project has a donation or a commercial product, so its always a nice thing if you find a way to support them.
here is a list of some Open Source Project and a Commercial Service/Product they have:
- PHP Composer => Toranproxy
- Laravel => envoyer and Forge
- RethinkDB => Commercial Services
- StyleCi + CachetHQ => StyleCi
I cant remember any more, but I guess you got the Idea.